Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
Civil War Collection
This collection gathers primary and secondary source materials regarding Beloit College's involvement in the Civil War. Of particular note are the lists of Beloit College students and faculty who fought in the war, historical sketches of the era, correspondence between college community members during and about the war, and photographs of soldiers.
Edward Dwight Eaton papers
Edward Dwight Eaton was the second president of Beloit College, serving two separate terms, 1886-1905 and 1907-1917. This collection gathers his personal and Beloit College-related correspondence, correspondence with his family, some biographical materials, inauguration documents, a few news clippings, some of his and his family's writings, and his Alumni Office file.
Founding Conventions Records
Histories of the College Collection
This collection gathers journal articles, newspaper clippings, student papers, speeches, and other documents that give historical accounts of Beloit College. Most of the histories focus on the founding of the college through rest of the 19th century, and many were written by Beloit College administrative staff, faculty, and alumni.
Robert K. Richardson papers
Robert K. Richardson served as a history professor for Beloit College in the early to mid-20th century, using a significant portion of his time to establish and manage the Beloit College archives. Additionally, with much help from his wife, he spent his retirement writing a revised and updated History of Beloit College. This collection represents the extensive work he did for that publication, as well as Richardson's personal life and career in higher education.
- Subject: Richardson, Robert Kimball, 1876-1952 X
- Chapin, Aaron L. (Aaron Lucius), 1817-1892 4
- Eaton, Edward Dwight, 1851-1942 3
- Chamberlin, Thomas C. (Thomas Chrowder), 1843-1928 2
- Collie, George L. (George Lucius), b. 1857 2
- Irrmann, Robert H. 2
- Maurer, Irving, 1879-1942 2
- Richardson, Helen L. D. 2
- Beloit College--Buildings 1
- Blaisdell, J. J. (James Joshua), 1827-1896 1
- Blaisdell, James Arnold, 1867-1957 1
- Chapin, Robert Coit, b. 1863 1
- Christie, Thomas 1
- Congregationalism 1
- Densmore, Hiram D. (Hiram Delos), 1862- 1
- Emerson, Joseph, 1821-1900 1
- Lathrop, Stanley Edwards, 1843-1927 1
- Pearsons, D. K. (Daniel Kimball), 1820-1912 1
- Phi Beta Kappa 1 + ∧ less