Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Identifier: MC 005
Overview Carey Croneis was Beloit College's fifth president, and served from 1944-1954. There is a relatively small amount of presidential correspondence primarily from 1946-1950. Subject matter ranges from financial development to issues involving specific students. This includes correspondence to individuals and to Beloit College different groups within the Beloit College community. Croneis presided over the college's centennial, so many documents relating to the planning for centennial...
Dates: 1941-1972, bulk 1945-1950
Identifier: AC 33
Overview This collection gathers primary and secondary source materials regarding Beloit College's involvement in the Civil War. Of particular note are the lists of Beloit College students and faculty who fought in the war, historical sketches of the era, correspondence between college community members during and about the war, and photographs of soldiers.
Dates: Majority of material found within 1854-1965, 2005
Identifier: MC 002
Overview Edward Dwight Eaton was the second president of Beloit College, serving two separate terms, 1886-1905 and 1907-1917. This collection gathers his personal and Beloit College-related correspondence, correspondence with his family, some biographical materials, inauguration documents, a few news clippings, some of his and his family's writings, and his Alumni Office file.
Dates: Other: Date Not Yet Determined
Identifier: MC 66
Overview Frank G. Logan was a long time trustee of and significant donor to Beloit College. He helped found its Department of Anthropology and the Logan Museum of Anthropology, on top of many other gifts. This collection gathers personal materials documenting Frank G. Logan's involvement with Beloit College. It is comprised mainly of biographical information, memorial documents, information about his family, particularly his wife Josephine Hancock Logan, and photographs. There is also correspondence...
- Subject: Maurer, Irving, 1879-1942 X
- Chapin, Aaron L. (Aaron Lucius), 1817-1892 2
- Richardson, Robert Kimball, 1876-1952 2
- Blaisdell, James Arnold, 1867-1957 1
- Chamberlin, Thomas C. (Thomas Chrowder), 1843-1928 1
- Christie, Thomas 1
- Collie, George L. (George Lucius), b. 1857 1
- Croneis, Carey, 1901-1972 1
- Eaton, Edward Dwight, 1851-1942 1
- Irrmann, Robert H. 1
- Lathrop, Stanley Edwards, 1843-1927 1
- Logan Museum of Anthropology 1
- Logan, Josephine Hancock 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regimental histories--Wisconsin. 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865. 1 ∧ less