Showing Collections: 1 - 3 of 3
Edward Dwight Eaton was the second president of Beloit College, serving two separate terms, 1886-1905 and 1907-1917. This collection gathers his personal and Beloit College-related correspondence, correspondence with his family, some biographical materials, inauguration documents, a few news clippings, some of his and his family's writings, and his Alumni Office file.
This collection gathers journal articles, newspaper clippings, student papers, speeches, and other documents that give historical accounts of Beloit College. Most of the histories focus on the founding of the college through rest of the 19th century, and many were written by Beloit College administrative staff, faculty, and alumni.
Robert K. Richardson served as a history professor for Beloit College in the early to mid-20th century, using a significant portion of his time to establish and manage the Beloit College archives. Additionally, with much help from his wife, he spent his retirement writing a revised and updated History of Beloit College. This collection represents the extensive work he did for that publication, as well as Richardson's personal life and career in higher education.
- Subject: Eaton, Edward Dwight, 1851-1942 X
- Chamberlin, Thomas C. (Thomas Chrowder), 1843-1928 2
- Chapin, Aaron L. (Aaron Lucius), 1817-1892 2
- Collie, George L. (George Lucius), b. 1857 2
- Richardson, Helen L. D. 2
- Beloit College--Buildings 1
- Blaisdell, J. J. (James Joshua), 1827-1896 1
- Blaisdell, James Arnold, 1867-1957 1
- Chapin, Robert Coit, b. 1863 1
- Christie, Thomas 1
- Congregationalism 1
- Densmore, Hiram D. (Hiram Delos), 1862- 1
- Emerson, Joseph, 1821-1900 1
- Irrmann, Robert H. 1
- Maurer, Irving, 1879-1942 1
- Pearsons, D. K. (Daniel Kimball), 1820-1912 1
- Phi Beta Kappa 1
- State Historical Society of Wisconsin 1 + ∧ less