Showing Collections: 1 - 5 of 5
This collection contains mostly correspondence (1852-1885) both personal and college business, much having to do with financial issues, college events, teaching positions, local area issues, students, land and property; also sermons, diaries, speeches, biographical data, administrative files, photographs. There is also a small collection of Chapin family letters dating from 1837-1841.
This collection gathers primary and secondary source materials regarding Beloit College's involvement in the Civil War. Of particular note are the lists of Beloit College students and faculty who fought in the war, historical sketches of the era, correspondence between college community members during and about the war, and photographs of soldiers.
Edward Dwight Eaton was the second president of Beloit College, serving two separate terms, 1886-1905 and 1907-1917. This collection gathers his personal and Beloit College-related correspondence, correspondence with his family, some biographical materials, inauguration documents, a few news clippings, some of his and his family's writings, and his Alumni Office file.
Robert K. Richardson served as a history professor for Beloit College in the early to mid-20th century, using a significant portion of his time to establish and manage the Beloit College archives. Additionally, with much help from his wife, he spent his retirement writing a revised and updated History of Beloit College. This collection represents the extensive work he did for that publication, as well as Richardson's personal life and career in higher education.
- Subject: Chapin, Aaron L. (Aaron Lucius), 1817-1892 X
- Richardson, Robert Kimball, 1876-1952 4
- Chamberlin, Thomas C. (Thomas Chrowder), 1843-1928 2
- Eaton, Edward Dwight, 1851-1942 2
- Maurer, Irving, 1879-1942 2
- Beloit College--Buildings 1
- Blaisdell, J. J. (James Joshua), 1827-1896 1
- Blaisdell, James Arnold, 1867-1957 1
- Christie, Thomas 1
- Collie, George L. (George Lucius), b. 1857 1
- Congregationalism 1
- Irrmann, Robert H. 1
- Lathrop, Stanley Edwards, 1843-1927 1
- Pearsons, D. K. (Daniel Kimball), 1820-1912 1
- Phi Beta Kappa 1
- Richardson, Helen L. D. 1
- State Historical Society of Wisconsin 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865--Regimental histories--Wisconsin. 1
- United States--History--Civil War, 1861-1865. 1 + ∧ less