Showing Collections: 1 - 4 of 4
Identifier: MC 002
Overview Edward Dwight Eaton was the second president of Beloit College, serving two separate terms, 1886-1905 and 1907-1917. This collection gathers his personal and Beloit College-related correspondence, correspondence with his family, some biographical materials, inauguration documents, a few news clippings, some of his and his family's writings, and his Alumni Office file.
Dates: Other: Date Not Yet Determined
Identifier: MC 90
Overview Robert K. Richardson served as a history professor for Beloit College in the early to mid-20th century, using a significant portion of his time to establish and manage the Beloit College archives. Additionally, with much help from his wife, he spent his retirement writing a revised and updated History of Beloit College. This collection represents the extensive work he did for that publication, as well as Richardson's personal life and career in higher education.
Identifier: MC 94
Overview Rollin D. Salisbury earned world-wide fame for his work in the field of Geology. A Beloit graduate of the class of 1881, he worked as a professor at the University of Chicago for 30 years. This collection holds a significant number of Salisbury's publications, as well as print and photocopied articles pertaining to his work and death. There are also a number of photographs and a limited amount of genealogical information.
Identifier: MC 31
Overview Thomas Chrowder Chamberlin (1843-1928), class of 1866, was a professor of science at Beloit College from 1873-1886. Though his academic interests were wide-ranging, he is best known for the Chamberlin-Moulton Planetesimal Hypothesis, a theory of solar system formation. His son, Rollin Thomas Chamberlin also was an accomplished geologist, and together they embarked on a survey trip to China in 1909 for the Oriental Educational Investigation Commission. The Chamberlins' papers include...
Dates: 1873-1997; bulk 1909-1948
- Subject: Chamberlin, Thomas C. (Thomas Chrowder), 1843-1928 X
- Chapin, Aaron L. (Aaron Lucius), 1817-1892 2
- Eaton, Edward Dwight, 1851-1942 2
- Richardson, Helen L. D. 2
- Richardson, Robert Kimball, 1876-1952 2
- Salisbury, Rollin D., 1858-1922 2
- Beloit College--Buildings 1
- Blaisdell, J. J. (James Joshua), 1827-1896 1
- Blaisdell, James Arnold, 1867-1957 1
- Chamberlin, Rollin T. (Rollin Thomas), 1881-1948 1
- Christie, Thomas 1
- Collie, George L. (George Lucius), b. 1857 1
- Congregationalism 1
- Cosmogony 1
- Geology 1
- Glaciers 1
- Maurer, Irving, 1879-1942 1
- Pearsons, D. K. (Daniel Kimball), 1820-1912 1
- Phi Beta Kappa 1 ∧ less