Beloit College Roy Chapman Andrews papers
This collection consists mainly of materials written about or by explorer and naturalist Roy Chapman Andrews (Beloit College class of 1906), including personal correspondence between Andrews and other notable Beloit College figures like George L. Collie, Alonzo W. Pond, and Frank G. Logan. There is also an original manuscript copy of Andrews’ book Meet Your Ancestors, along with documents from the Roy Chapman Andrews Society. The remaining materials are mostly articles written about Andrews and his contributions to science. Nearly all of the collection dates from after Andrews' time as a student at Beloit College.
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research; however, certain materials are very fragile and require Archives staff for handling, or use may be restricted altogether.
2 Linear Feet (4 boxes, 3 volumes)
Language of Materials
Materials from the Roy Chapman Andrews Society are added periodically.
- Andrews, Roy Chapman, 1884-1960 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Beloit College--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Collie, George L. (George Lucius), b. 1857 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Logan Museum of Anthropology Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Pond, Alonzo W. (Alonzo William), 1894-1986 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Beloit College Roy Chapman Andrews papers
- Michelle Tom
- March, 2012
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note