Rollin D. Salisbury collection
Scope and Contents
Conditions Governing Access
This collection is open for research; however, certain materials are very fragile and require Archives staff for handling, or use may be restricted altogether.
Biographical / Historical
2 Linear Feet (3 boxes, bound volumes, photographs)
Language of Materials
This collection has been compiled over the years through separate accessions of various sizes from various offices and individuals, none of which has any accompanying documentation. The original order of the documents is unknown. The arrangement order presented here has been imposed by the College Archives staff.
"The preservation of these letters of Rollin D. Salisbury, Beloit'81, M.A. '82, LLD. '04, we owe to the devotion of his close friend and confidant, Horace Spencer Fiske'82, to who they were written. In 1936 he gave them to Rollin Salisbury's niece Helen Louisa Drew, who thought they ought eventually to belong to Beloit College, for which she has edited them. She has had the aid of Mr. Fiske himself, of her mother, Elsie Salisbury Drew, and of the Alumni Office of Beloit College. The letters span the years between 1880, when Salisbury was ready for his senior year at Beloit College, and 1892, when he accepted the post of Professor of Geographic Geology at The University of Chicago." Rockford College. April, 1940.
- Beloit College--History Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Chamberlin, Thomas C. (Thomas Chrowder), 1843-1928 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Richardson, Helen L. D. Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Salisbury, Rollin D., 1858-1922 Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Rollin D. Salisbury collection
- Alice Mitchell'13
- April, 2013
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Code for undetermined script
- Language of description note